Are students graduating out of college job-ready? Where do companies get job-ready entry level talent? These are the questions that are bothering companies across industries now. In the current economic scenario, companies are focussing more on productivity, efficiency and employee utilization and want to keep costs low. This in turn translates to improving the ‘quality’ of hires.
There is a lack of Industry Orientation among students who graduate which makes it increasingly difficult for them to be employed. Besides having the right technical skills, having enough Practical Knowledge and Practice is very critical to secure the right job in the market today.
- S. Ramadorai – Chairman, National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC)
- India will continue to see demand for skills. Even today, there are a lot of jobs available to go around.
What is missing is a shortage of ‘relevant’ skills. The ability to find a job would depend on skill-sets that a person brings to the table and not merely the degrees that he or she holds. Also, the ‘hiring’ opportunity is not just in India, but in the global market. India is a nation of young people while the West is aging. With increasing mobility and the right skills I see a big opportunity for Indian talent.
A ‘Practice’ based Technical Training program which focuses on equipping the candidate with the right technical skills along with enough ‘on-the-job’ practice is the need of the hour
UniQval Software Solutions has designed a Technical Development Program to impart the Practical Knowledge along with sufficient Practice (around 600 hours of hands on technical tasks and problem solving) in a Software Project Development Scenario. The structure of the 1 Year program is as follows:
Salient Features of the Program
- Continuous Support will be provided to the candidates for 12 months.
- The first 3-4 months will focus on providing rigorous Practical Training along with Practice on a Software Development Project.
- The candidates will be mentored on technical aspects as well as on the soft skills that are required to successfully deliver results in an Industry scenario.
- Technical Evaluation of the candidates will be conducted every 3 months.
- Placement Assistance will commence after 3-4 months. In some cases this could start as early as the second month depending on the performance of the candidate.
- The candidate will continue to work on projects while placement assistance is provided.
- After completing 12 months the candidate will be richer in experience by 1 Year (experience certificate will be provided)
Training Topics Covered
The following topics are part of the mentoring process of the Technical Development Program:
- Mobile Application Development
- Software Testing
The students will be coached/mentored by Industry Veterans who have vast experience in the IT Industry.